Breaking News

John Isner: 'My daughter is definitely the most important thing now'

In an interview to Red Mas John Isner commented on his fatherhood and the role that his daughter covers in his life. Isner, who got married to longtime girlfriend in December 2017, said: 'She is definitely the most important (thing) now in my life, but I have to continue my career and when she grows I will be able to bring herself with me; my calendar will not be affected.'

Isner is 208 centimetres tall and he sees is from two perspectives: 'Being that high helps me serve, which is one of my weapons, but you clearly have disadvantages since the court can be a little tougher and attacking certain balls is impossible. But I believe that as we saw nowadays, you have very high players who achieved success and I am part of this group.'

Isner also revealed a funny thing: 'Before being a professional tennis player I wanted to be a TV reporter to preview and cover sports, and I would still like to do it; at the moment I do not plan it and I will focus on my career, I have a lot of years left.'

In a press conference in London after losing his last match in November, Isner had said: 'This is my first ATP Finals. I also know I'm not getting any younger, but I do want to try to get back here the next year or the year after, just keep working as hard as I possibly can. As you mentioned, it was a little bit tough to deal with that. I don't think that had any negative effect on my play. I just wish I could have played a little bit better. But I don't think it had anything to do with stuff that happened outside of this event for me. It was very tough, for sure, for me and for a lot of my friends also.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QbSfoE

No comments