Breaking News

John Isner: 'At his highest level, Novak Djokovic is unbeatable'

John Isner played against Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Andy Murray, but he believes that Novak Djokovic was the player who made him most uncomfortable. Speaking to Red Mas, Isner said: 'I faced them all, but Djokovic at his highest level is unbeatable. For me he was the toughest ones, I won him sometimes and even for my serve he is a tennis player who plays very close and it makes him not giving many points.'

On the new Davis Cup format, Isner added: 'I think the Davis Cup needed some reforms and I like that it's over a week and it allows top guys to manage their calendars well; so I approve it, although I believe the new format is a problem due to the date.'

Asked if being tall is good, Isner replied: 'It was very good during my whole career; the bad thing is that travelling a lot holding such a big body like mine is uncomfortable, since putting yourself in a good position is never easy, especially when the trips last hours. It depends on the place as well, but I would not change it.'

Earlier this year in Paris Bercy, Isner commented on his performances in Masters 1000 events: 'I have played well in Masters events, I guess, throughout my career. It's a situation where I guess the match is short, two out of three, tiebreaker in the third set, for one, but as I said, in the two-out-of-three format with how I can play and if I'm fresh and ready to go, if I'm playing the right way, in my opinion, I can beat anyone. So I think maybe I have exhibited that a little bit throughout my career in Masters event.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LDzXMw

No comments