Breaking News

ATP player reveals Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic's biggest strengths

Filippo Baldi had a very good career as a junior player, achieving a high ranking at No. 5 and reaching Wimbledon semifinals. After that, he had some ups and downs and this year he won his first Challenger title and cracked the top 200, becoming world No. 172. In an exclusive interview with Tennis World USA, Baldi recalled his training session in Paris during the French Open with the legend Rafael Nadal back in 2013. 'I had the opportunity to practice with him just once, Unfortunately, or luckily, because it does not happen on every day. His seriousness, professionalism and obviously such a powerful game impressed me', said Baldi.

Asked if Nadal gave him suggestions, Baldi replied: 'No he did not, we just hit an hour and a half. We spoke each other a little at the end of training but no advice, I knew him but he did not know me.'

About Novak Djokovic, who he hit with in Monte Carlo, Baldi replied: 'His easiness in the motion and the way he hit the ball hit me. At that level, they are all so professional.'

In his interviews, Fabio Fognini often praises Baldi hailing him as one of the brightest prospects in tennis. 'He is a friend off-court, he gives me advice, helps me, he is definitely an example for all what he did, for what he is doing and for what he will do', Baldi said on Fognini. 'He is very important for the Italian tennis and he is a motivation for everyone.'

Asked if he would manage to beat Serena Williams, Baldi replied: 'Men's and women's tennis are very different. Sometimes I do not even know if I manage to beat my sister! I cannot answer this question.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2zTc0Mq

No comments