Breaking News

Filip Krajinovic: Roger Federer was putting pressure on umpire in Basel

In an interview to Sport Klub, the Serbian player Filip Krajinovic commented on his two losses against Roger Federer this year in Indian Wells and Basel. While in the first Masters 1000 of the season he lost in straight sets, 6-2, 6-1, in less an hour, at the Swiss Indoors, Krajinovic lost to Federer in three sets. 'I can compete with everyone,' the 27-year-old said. 'With Federer in Basel there was a chance in the third set. I did not use it. I wasn't lucky with the draws. Out of 12 tournaments, in seven or eight players who beat him ended up reaching the final or winning the title. Twice Federer, del Potro... It was a great experience for me. I played with too much respect. It wasn't easy to face Federer for the first time in Indian Wells. He is one of my idols, I could not play at my best. In Basel I was not looking at him as my role model, I was not focusing on him. I was angry as well because he was putting pressure on the umpire, but playing him in his birthplace was a big experience. I think I will be able to compete with him.'

Krajinovic will start his season at the Qatar Exxon Mobil Open in Doha, prior to the Australian Open.

In October, after his loss to Federer at the Shanghai Masters, Roberto Bautista Agut also complained about Federer, saying he received favouritism.  

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Pvm0k6

No comments