Breaking News

Being humble helped me to have success, says Serena Williams

Serena Williams is a tennis legend, but she does not want to consider herself as the greatest player of all time. Serena prefers to keep her feet on the ground. 'I feel like I'm just Serena that, you know, trains every day and does everything. The youngest of five. You know, to me, that's been able to keep me levelheaded and keep me humble. I always say when you mention me next to the other greats, I just feel really weird for now', said Serena.

The 37-year-old also commented on her first match with Steffi Graf at the US Open: 'It was really great to play her. I wish we could have played again, but I only played her twice. Fortunately enough, I was able to win one of those matches. It was really one of the highlights of my career. That match was really exciting for me. It was one of my ‑‑it was my first biggest, big win and winning a big event. It was a good time.'

'It felt great. I didn't expect to win because she beat me before and I was really young. There were so many teenagers doing really well, like Hingis and my sister. I just felt like I had an opportunity to do well.'

'I think it's really important for females to realize that you can be strong but still be sexy at the same time. There is nothing wrong with being strong and beating up on the boys (smiling).'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2G9kHYF

No comments