Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka would be my ideal mixed doubles partner,says girlfriend Vekic

Donna Vekic and Stan Wawrinka have been dating each other for more than three years. In 2015 Montreal their relationship was put in the spotlight due to the controversial on-court conversation between Wawrinka and Nick Kyrgios. In an interview with Sport 360, Vekic admitted that her boyfriend would be her ideal mixed doubles partner. In order to achieve this "dream", they would pair up in one of the four Grand Slams.

Speaking about her co-operation with Torben Beltz, who previously worked with the former world No. 1 Angelique Kerber, Vekic added: 'I really enjoy working with Torben. We’ve been working together since the offseason last year and we’ve been working really hard. He’s a really positive guy and he has a lot of experience and he’s definitely helped me a lot. Improved my game and gave me some insurance that if you do the right thing then the hard work will pay off and we’ve been working really hard and it’s definitely paying off and I’m really, really happy to be working with him.'

This year Wawrinka upset Grigor Dimitrov in the Wimbledon opening round. Commenting on that win, in a recent press conference, Wawrinka said: 'I had to put myself together again, to try to fight, try to find a solution. I also knew before the match that it's tough for Grigor to play against me in the first round, especially he's also looking for confidence, he didn't win so many big matches recently. I was trying to stay with him, try to find my rhythm, try to make it tougher for him, try to make him think a bit more.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QoIRmP

No comments