Breaking News

Chris Evert: Roger Federer was spectacular, but women's matches...

Several people criticise women's tennis for being boring compared to men's. But the 18-time Grand Slam winner Chris Evert has a different perspective. In an interview with Parade, she made an interesting comparison referring to the 2018 Australian Open final between Roger Federer and Marin Cilic. According to Evert, in some ways the women's championship clash between Caroline Wozniacki and Simona Halep, which was won by the Dane, was more interesting. 'Women’s tennis is so exciting to watch,' Evert said in an interview to Parade. 'It’s the power, athleticism, grace, personalities and different styles. I think the women’s game is so loaded with talent right now. At the Australian Open [in January] seeing Roger Federer win was spectacular, but at the end of the day it was the women’s matches that held everybody captive.'

Commenting on how she stays fit, Evert added: 'I do a lot of hot yoga, and that takes care of every part of my body. I do a lot of hip stretches. I feel like in today’s day and age, there’s a lot of hip surgeries going around, and with the pounding on the hard courts, if I feel twinges in my hips, I do a lot of stretches. I do the pigeon, that’s a really important stretch for me. It’s important to stretch when you’re a little warm, so I stretch after I practice. I don’t think you can do one without the other.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2GqAzpM

No comments