Breaking News

Constant Lestienne Says His Goal is to Break into the Top 100 in 2019

Tennis - Frenchman Constant Lestienne says his goal in 2019 is to break into the Top 100 in the world rankings. The 26-year-old Frenchman climbed from No. 317 to No. 151 in the rankings in 2018 and says he believes it is possible for him to break into the Top 100 now. In an interview to WeLoveTennis, Lestienne says, 'I want to join the Top 100 in 2019. Before, I thought it was a mountain, now I know it's possible. That the gap from 150th to the top 100 is not that important. This is not played out on the idea that one must necessarily progress enormously technically or mentally. I think it's mostly about being able to take a chance when it comes to the top. Basically, not to miss some great opportunities, successes that can climb the hierarchy and gain confidence. In my work and also in the quality of the structure that I set up with Arnaud Cloarec, my coach and trainer, as well as my physical trainer, Bruno Fagnoni. I am well in this operation with my epicenter on Amiens, my city, where I have my bearings. This environment allowed me to be relaxed enough and to make some nice performances. I was also able to participate in big tournaments where I became aware of several things."

Speaking of the changes in the ITF Circuit and the introduction of the Transition Tour, Lestienne says that he is in favour of the reforms especially after understanding the changes from the tennis officials. "At the tournament in Antwerp, the tour manager of the ATP took care for more than 45 minutes to explain to me the why and how of this reform. And I must say that although I was already very favorable, I am even more. This reform is going in the right direction, because it will limit the number of players who will be classified at the ATP. So far, it was a little "jungle" with over 2,000 people classified.  Players who have made performances on the Futures will be classified in this Transition Tour, and on each tournament challenger places will be reserved for them. In fact, the goal is to create a larger selection. From a sports point of view, it's very coherent."

Also Read - Albert Costa Says Rafael Nadal to Play Barcelona Open  

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Pwj46G

No comments