Breaking News

Filip Krajinovic to train hard with Novak Djokovic, Zverev in Monte Carlo

Speaking to journalist in Belgrade, the Serbian player Filip Krajinovic commented on his pre-season plans. The world No. 70 said he will train with Novak Djokovic and other big players in Monte Carlo. 'We’ll stay in Belgrade for a few more days, then we’re going to Monte Carlo where my base will be in the future. There is a lot of good players there - Novak, (Alexander) Zverev, (Tomas) Berdych, (Stan) Wawrinka... I am going to practice very hard, I have matured', said Krajinovic.

Asked if he will play the Davis Cup tie for Serbia against India in early February next year, Krajinovic replied: 'It’s still very far, I’ll talk with captain Zimonjic, but I have always loved playing for my country.'

Krajinovic believes he can achieve a lot: 'I wasn’t no 26 by accident. My first goal is to get back to Top 50 and then Top 20. I have shown that I can play with anyone.'

He finally concluded: 'I have a new coach (Thomas Johannson), we reached an agreement a month ago and for me, it's a big honour to work with Thomas Johansson, an Australian Open winner, a man who knows tennis a lot and is good. I hope it will work. I have to get stronger physically which did not happen last year. At the beginning of the year, for the first four months, I was not defending points but I could not play. It turned the year.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Uuho1t

No comments