Breaking News

I may sacrifice some tournaments in the next years: family man Djokovic

For Novak Djokovic, spending quality time with his family is important. In July 2014, the Serbian player married his longtime girlfriend Jelena, then in October the same year, they became parents of a boy called Stefan and in September 2017, the daughter Tara was born. In an interview to Telegraf, the 14-time Grand Slam winner hinted he may adopt a lighter schedule in the upcoming years in order to spend more time with them at home. 'Now I am a father of two children and I really want them to be my priority. They are now in Abu Dhabi with me, and it is certain that they won't be with me on all of the tournaments. As long as I am able to keep the family in harmony, balanced with tennis obligations, I will continue to do to that, at this rate,' said Djokovic, who was accompanied in Abu Dhabi by his brother Marko and parents (father Srdjan, mother Dijana).

'Perhaps I will sacrifice some tournaments in the future - in this or in the next seasons - we will see. It is not easy to place some things in life and in a career. In the last several years, especially recently, my family is before tennis, and I stated that many times. To adjust one thing to another, with the family as an absolute priority, will probably be the greatest challenge, but I don't look at it as a challenge, but a possibility to settle all happy circumstances - and I am very grateful for that!'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GO6Xmm

No comments