Breaking News

Manolo Santana: 'Roger Federer is a master. I love Rafael Nadal's forehand'

In an interview to Marca, the tennis legend Manolo Santana commented on today's tennis. The ATP and the other major authoritities are trying to introduce new rules like the shot clock and the no let rule to fasten the game. Santana agrees with this idea. 'People who like tennis and who like to see matches, like the show, for example the great master that is Federer, who does what he does with the ball. For me he is a tennis creator. I think new things will be added to win. Rules can change a little but the most important thing is that you keep the competition that always existed. I see the show and the player more together than ever.'

Asked about what's his favourite shot, Santana said: 'I love Rafa (Nadal)'s forehand. I like how he varies it, it's amazing to see him play. On the backhand side, I like Federer. I would have liked to play with Rafa, struggling but I would have definitely been able to control the ball.'

Will, one day, tennis have more than four Grand Slams? 'I think so. It means tennis improved a lot. There would be a fifth or sixth Grand Slam. As for countries that could host a new Grand Slam, potentially, I see more the European countries than American, because you have a good amount of guys, good ones, who play very well.'

Santana sees Spain being able to host a Grand Slam: 'I think so. You will always have chances when people get excited; the peak would be to have our Grand Slam (in Spain) but why not, if we have money, we have the location and the players. I think it would be great.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2zKU8DC

No comments