Breaking News

Maria Sharapova: 'The biggest surprise in my career was...'

In an interview to Entrepreneur, the five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova recalled her maiden Wimbledon title won in 2004 beating Serena Williams. Sharapova was just a teenager at the time and she still feels amazed at speaking of it. 'The biggest surprise in my career was when I won Wimbledon at 17 years old. You don't really recognize the magnitude of the victory at that age. I was so young, and I never felt that I was ready for that type of victory', said Sharapova. 'What drives me to achieve is the desire to get better and to improve.'

The former world No. 1 also commented on her role as an entrepreneur, as she launched her sweets line, Sugarpova. 'It's a really long process - it takes a large team to create those ideas...I'm a relationships person. When you understand the initiative behind a brain, it's so much more powerful when you get involved', concluded the 31-year-old.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2PB8z1X

No comments