Breaking News

Maria Sharapova describes the best part of her life

What is the best part of being Maria Sharapova these days? The Russian player has a lot of success in tennis and business as well. Speaking in a press conference, Sharapova said: 'I think the best part this day is that I'm healthy enough to compete at this level. That's the most important thing for me, looking back at this time last year. You seem to forget that I was in New York, I was in a hotel room, I was going to a few different doctors, I was getting a few different opinions, different machines, different MRIs, and different treatments. It's so easy to forget that you get yourself back in such a great position in your career where you win a Grand Slam, you're playing the US Open, which you missed last year. So a lot of positives. Yet I get to do other great things in my career and set up my life for when I'm finished with tennis.'

Sharapova believes the women's tennis is not in danger once she and other legends will retire from tennis. In a recent press conference, the former world No. 1 recalled the beginning of her career. 'When I was young and up and coming, you always want to, I guess, put your feet on the ground and show what you're capable of and prove to yourself that you belong there with the top players, no matter how old they are. But as you get a little bit older and you're kind of in that middle generation, I enjoy seeing the younger girls doing well and performing well, because that's ultimately the players that are going to be in your spot when you're not playing the sport anymore. The tennis world will continue with or without you.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2ANygai

No comments