Breaking News

My happiest day ever: Soccer star meets Rafael Nadal

22-year-old Andre Horta, a Portoguese soccer player who currently competes for FC Los Angeles in Major League Soccer (MLS), visited the Rafa Nadal Academy in Manacor to show his idol the tattoo he got on his left calf featuring the 32-year-old's face. They took a photo together following the 17-time Major winner's practice session with Jaume Munar.

'Without any doubt one of my happiest days in life... who knows me sees the importance that it has for me, who does not know me just look at my happy face,' wrote Horta. 'The admiration and proudness are big, and history will continue to be written. I will be grateful to you forever.'

Meanwhile another Portoguese athlete, and specifically a tennis player, Joao Sousa, spoke about Nadal. For the second year in a row, Sousa was not able to practice with the world No. 2 in the off-season. 'I will be in Tenerife from 16 to 21 December this month. The return to Rafa's academy will not be possible,' said Sousa, who trained with Dominic Thiem, Philipp Kohlschreiber and Jan-Lennard Struff. 'I worked a lot on my body as ewell in the gym. In Tenerife, I will be playing tennis all days,' added Sousa, who will start his 2019 season at the ASB Classic in Auckland.

Commenting on how his mentality has evolved over the years, Sousa added: 'Now I am much calmer, while as a kid it was shocking to lose something. Now there are only two chances: either I win because I was better, or I lose because I was unlucky,' he said laughing.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EUraoS

No comments