Breaking News

Naomi Osaka holds an olive python: I have always wanted to do these things

Naomi Osaka had an eventful day on Thursday in Brisbane. The defending US Open champion held an olive python, and by the looks of the photographs going around, Osaka seemed to be enjoying the experience despite any fear she may have had. Speaking to the local media, Osaka said: 'I’ve always watched things like Animal Planet and Discovery Channel so I’ve always wanted to do things like this but I’ve never really had a chance. It's very interesting.'

Osaka also commented on on-court topics, speaking about her ability in handling nerves. 'I never feel pressure to perform,' the 21-year-old said. 'I enjoy Grand Slams the most. I always feel there is a certain degree of pressure but it’s from myself. I definitely accomplished a lot of things that I wanted ever since I was growing up. Hopefully, I can do better this year. I will see how it goes. For me, I really love coming to Australia every time and I always seem to do well here so I would like to do well in the first tournament (in Brisbane).'

Briton Kyle Edmund is in Brisbane as well preparing for the new season, and he commented on how it felt to be back in Brisbane: 'Last year was a great year for me, I’ve got more confidence in my game because of it. I climbed to a career high 14, there was the Melbourne run to the semi-finals, and I won my first tour event [in Antwerp].'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SsaDvE

No comments