Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'Having family? Things are not easy to be predicted'

Rafael Nadal does not plan to get married and have children anytime soon. The Spanish player has been dating Maria Francisca Perello since 2005 and in an interview, the 17-time Grand Slam winner said he wants to focus on tennis until his career ends.

Commenting on the possibility to become a father, Nadal said: 'I have a girlfriend too and I am not alone to take decisions. You have to suit situations you know. Having family? I don’t know, things are not easy to be predicted. At this age, I thought that I would have already been a former player and that I would have started a family. As a young guy, I thought that at 30 I would already have retired and instead I am still here. The only thing I know is that I will have a family. I will not definitely be alone.'

Perello studied in London for some years and he is now a part of the Rafa Nadal Foundation team. She rarely follows Rafael on the Tour, except in European tournaments and Grand Slams.

Nadal also spoke about the tough moments he went through in the last months: 'I suffered a lot in terms of injury. I don’t want to suffer more, I want to make the things the right way, step by step and that’s it. My goal is to try to be ready for the Australian Open and I think I’m on the way to make that happen but of course, I can’t take a lot of risks being the first match after a lot of months and especially after the surgery.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LDZ01X

No comments