Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios: 'I will never leave home for five months and a half again'

Nick Kyrgios does not want to travel a lot in 2019. The 23-year-old is based in Canberra, Australia, and he needs to have long trips to play around the world in tournaments. In February, after the Australian Open, Kyrgios plans to compete at the Rotterdam Open, which means he needs to move to Europe just for one tournament. But he spent a lot of time in Australia in the last two months: 'Being home solved a lot of my problems. It was more mental than anything', Kyrgios admitted. 'I was away from home for five-and-a-half months. I don't ever want to do that again. When I play tennis I enjoy it but I have no goals (for 2019). I will have a very light schedule this year. If I win the US Open I won't play again for the rest of the year.'

Meanwhile, Andy Murray commented on Australian Open introducing a five-set tie-break: 'A 10-point tie-break at 6-all, it affects hardly any matches during the event. There are other things tennis could look at to change the matches and make them a little more exciting.’

Grigor Dimitrov said: 'I’m all for the players. I think it’s a great thing. We have seen in the past with playing a big five sets and you have to come back the next day or two to play your next match. It gives you an opportunity to wrap it up a little faster so you are more chance of conquering it again.’

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GNoyuX

No comments