Breaking News

'Watching Roger Federer, Djokovic, Zverev is a gift' - Former player

It's more than one year since the 40-year-old Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo retired from professional tennis, and he is now the 14-year-old Dani Merida's coach. Merida is one of the most promising Spanish tennis players and in November be reached the final in the sub-14 event that was hosted in London. In an interview to Punto de Break, Hidalgo commented on how it felt like to play at the O2 Arena site. 'We play in the same site as professionals, but it's totally different, since you have no access to almost no places where the professionals are, which is understandable', said Hidalgo. 'Already being in such a place, on the practice courts where the best guys play and where the young guys can watch Federer, Djokovic and Zverev, it's a gift. On the first day everything was packed.'

Hidalgo was happy to see the ATP Tour again: 'After not travelling on the Tour for a year, I see myself surprised. It's people with who I shared some important moments in my career, with many I have a great relationship. Djokovic. I could also see Nalbandian and Coria, players of my era who were invited by the tournament, all legends. But not only them, I was also with the ATP camp, stringers, physios... All people who are very friendly and who are happy in saying hi to me. This is a unique feeling which left me very happy.'

Djokovic will start his new season in Doha, Federer and Zverev at the Hopman Cup.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2AqtyzT

No comments