Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios suffers spider bite, gets hospitalised!

Nick Kyrgios didn't have the most relaxing time at Christmas. The Australian player was bitten on the foot by a spider and was hospitalised in Canberra On his official Instagram account, Kyrgios revealed the news: 'Got a spider bite on my foot. This spider bite outta control. Christmas different every year,' added Kyrgios.

The 23-year-old is still set to reach Brisbane in the upcoming days to try to defend his title, which he won after defeating Ryan Harrison in a straight-set final. Kyrgios last competed at the Kremlin Cup in Moscow in mid-October. He retired from his second-round match at the tournament.

Kyrgios said he plans to compete in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after skipping the 2016 Rio Games because of issues with the Australian Olympic Committee. Speaking to Nine.com, Kyrgios said: 'It’s definitely on my radar. I would like to go and represent Australia but at this stage I have not had any contact with the AOC, although to be frank I didn’t have any contact with the AOC regarding Rio either, not one conversation with anyone.'

Kyrgios regularly plays the Davis Cup, where he represents his country giving the best of himself. And he plans to do the same at the Olympics as well: 'I’ll do what I need to do to be in a position to play in Tokyo and will take it from there, I’d love to experience an Olympics, I mean who wouldn’t?'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EYhjOK

No comments