Breaking News

Roger Federer explains why his game is so special

Roger Federer commented on what makes special his game. The Swiss said: 'I think that variety of my shots: I can always switch and, like I said, still surprise myself. All this is very funny besides representing a nice challenge. And then I can adapt to any kind of opponents. The love for the game is Important as well because it allows me to face the daily work and all the rest with a positive attitude. Reasons may be a combination of experience, mental strength and physical abilities.'

Federer also commented on the differences between playing in Majors and on the ATP Tour: 'In three out of five sets the mental and physical strength are the key, there is not too much room for luck. Instead the two of three always end fast. The mind with which you face these matches is different as well: three out of five you know that you will have to stay on a court for a long time and I like that approach to the match.'

Looking to his 2019 Australian Open comeback, Federer added: 'I love to be in Australia, the people know that, I got inspired by so many people like, Roach, Carter, I loved to watch Rafter back then, can‘t wait to be back down there.'

Federer finally admitted: 'It happens that I am surprised by myself during matches: even if I know that I can play well, when you try to hit some shots in key moments of a match you feel so well that the work done in the pre-season becomes pleasant. And I still get surprised if I reach a ball I may have not reached with the adrenaline going up and I end up hitting a winner.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2BfVo1p

No comments