Breaking News

'Roger Federer playing well at 37 changes the dynamics' - Kevin Anderson

Kevin Anderson has been one of the many successful tall players in the recent months and in a press conference at the ATP Finals in London, he spoke about it again. 'It's something that I think has been discussed a lot over the last while because there's definitely been more and more successful players who are tall', Anderson said. 'I think the biggest thing when you are taller, a couple things, sometimes moveability is a little tougher, change of direction, getting to lower balls. That's something that you have to work I think a little bit harder on. But I think it's changed the perspective a little bit. When you see other guys that are tall and moving well, you are a kid, it changes the way you see the game. That's often the case. I mean, I'm not an expert on basketball, but a lot of those guys are very, very tall, and they move very, very well.

I think it's sort of led into tennis. You see other guys. Maybe myself, a Del Potro, Berdych, moving very well. That's just a few of the guys. I think you could name a whole lot more. New kids coming up, watching us play, who may be tall, just changes the dynamic and changes the perception. I think that's always a pretty important aspect. Just like getting older, guys are playing much better into their 30s, it changes the perspective. You see Roger play so well at, you know, 37, whatever he is right now. That definitely changes the dynamic quite a lot.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2KXTIOB

No comments