Breaking News

Roger Federer speaks about his tennis earnings

From May 2017 to May 2018 as reported by Forbes the 20-time Grand Slam winner Roger Federer earned $77 million, including $65 coming from endorsements. The Swiss has 12 endorsements, and two of them are new this year as he joined forces with Uniqlo and Rimowa. Federer sometimes gets criticized for his too many off-court commitments, although he does a lot of charity through his Foundation. 'I cannot be liked by everyone', Federer admitted in a recent press conference. 'If I had no contract it would have been because I acted in a wrong way. I do not want to always be in the spotlight, especially in Switzerland, but what can I do if the media speak about me? Criticism will always be there and sometimes it's hard to accept, but over the years I learned to go beyond, the most important thing is to always be myself. What's written is not so important in my life.'

Meanwhile commenting on his year schedule with Federer, the fitness trainer Pierre Paganini said: 'My work with Federer goes from 140 to 160 days a year. His fitness preparation is about three or four blocks that can change when he gets injured. It's important to do the right thing at the right moment. Roger learned to know his body very well and dose energies. Over the years this aspect was even important, especially since when he became a father. It's a challenge and he was not afraid after that he turned 30, of course, you do not have the same resistance as before, but you know how to handle yourself on the court. The most important thing is to find the right balance between preparation, tournaments to play and recovery time. I am sure that if Roger will be doing well physically he will keep playing the way he knows.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2BXk14E

No comments