Breaking News

Serena Williams: Andre Agassi's and mine, our careers have similarities

Serena Williams shared her admiration for Andre Agassi in a press conference. The 23-time Grand Slam winner said: 'I love Andre. He's a great guy. I think our careers have some similarities, maybe just a little bit. I was playing fabulous a decade ago, as well, as he was in his career. Uhm, it's not a bad person to be compared to. He's someone that definitely is historic and a great American tennis player.'

Asked to share one key sort of tennis fashion tip for the year, Serena replied: 'One key fashion tennis tip is own it. Whatever you wear, own it. Some people come out here with crazy designs but they own it. They really feel comfortable in it. I think as long as you feel comfortable in what you have and what you do, you'll be fine.'

About her mental toughness, Williams said, 'I think I'm extra mentally tough. I feel like that's definitely one of my strengths. It's something that I have always had since Sydney in '98 at White City. So I think that's where it all started. Yeah, I definitely think that it's important to have a mental game.'

Williams will be playing the Hopman Cup, partnering Frances Tiafoe before the Australian Open to start the 2019 season. 

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Ak6mTX

No comments