Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'I’ve been training offseason to be ready for Federer'

Serena Williams looks forward to facing Roger Federer at the Hopman Cup in Perth on January 1 2019. Alongside Frances Tiafoe, Serena will play against Federer and Belinda Bencic in a mixed doubles match. 'I’m excited to go to Perth, it’s been a while since I’ve been there', Serena said after her loss to her sister Venus at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi. 'I’m excited to be able to get back. You know I’ve been training offseason to be ready for Roger, so not sure how I’m going to do but we’ll see.'

Federer is already in Perth, and commenting on the upcoming match against Serena he said: 'We’ll probably play it down a little bit and say it’s not that big of a deal for us, it’s just another tennis match, but it really isn’t because it’s probably going to happen once and never again. That’s why I hope we’re both going to be injury-free when that day comes around.'

Meanwhile, Serena's coach Patrick Mouratoglou shared their excitement for the 2019 season through his official Facebook page. 'We went through all the emotions in 2018. It has been, as every year, an honour coaching you and as the photos show, a lot of fun too. I am so excited for 2019! We have a lot of new challenges to go through and pages of history to write for Serena!', concluded Mouratoglou.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EXBUD4

No comments