Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'My losses are a bigger news than wins'

Serena Williams always gets packed crowds in the stadiums and the American player keeps being the most "attractive" player for media and fans. 'I feel really appreciated', Serena admitted. 'I can attest to that. So much of the fact is if I lose, it's bigger news than if I win. That is a test to how much people believe in my game and my skill and how much they appreciate the sport and how good they think I am. So, yeah, I think it's great.'

Commenting on her role as a role model, Serena added: 'I embrace it. I feel good. I feel like I play tennis because I have a lot of fun. And like I was saying, it's such a great sport. You can play it professionally, on a college level, or recreationally. It's a great way to stay fit. So it's a great sport, and I feel that a lot of girls can definitely be involved and feel good about themselves by playing any sport, really, but namely tennis.'

Serena has been on the Tour since 1995, and she was asked about her longevity: 'I don't know. I have never played every week. I have never played 30 tournaments in a year. I didn't play juniors, so I didn't travel the world and get burned out early. I don't know. I went to school. I had a couple unfortunate injuries that put me out for a year. Maybe that helped at the end of the day.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2rCqjk5

No comments