Breaking News

Winning three Majors over 12 months was unthinkable, says Roger Federer

Roger Federer approaches the 2019 season with 'good feelings'. That's what the Swiss champion said in an interview to SRF in Dubai on Sunday. 'I had a good year. I’d had signed in again for a year like this if I knew that I would play so well like this year. It’s normal: a Grand Slam win, back to number 1', the world No. 3 admitted. 'This was incredible to me. I didn’t think that I’d experience this again especially after the injury and not having won a Grand Slam for four and a half years. That’s why I’m feeling well; had good holidays after London; started the practice well. Now my legs are shaking because I’m a bit tired but I’m fine. But the joy is still there. That’s why it doesn’t matter what schedule I’ll have next year as long as I still enjoy it and feel that I can compete with the best players which I need to prove of course.'

Federer also made an interesting comparison, speaking of his age: 'When you get older, it’s probably like in the climbing: the air gets thinner, everything gets more extreme. It’s not much needed for something to go wrong. Of course, I also feel this. That’s why I need to get prepared mentally and also plan very well with my team. This has always been my strength; I’ve always done it well. But now we really shouldn’t leave anything to chance and I’m OK with that. I think that I’m still enough in love with the sport, in the practice, the matches, everything. The travelling doesn’t bother me much either. That’s why everything is OK but it’s definitely different than before. However, is it more different than it was a couple of years ago? I don’t know. I think that the last couple of years were similar. This year I feel physically and mentally similar to the last couple of years.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QWXe0Y

No comments