Breaking News

Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf helped me a lot, says Grigor Dimitrov

In an interview to The Independent, Grigor Dimitrov commented on his new working relationship with Andre Agassi. The Bulgarian player started working with the American last October at the Paris Masters and their co-operation is continuing at the Australian Open. "I knew there was only one person like that who I could completely put my trust," said Dimitrov. "That was Andre, so we started talking. I had known Andre since I was 14 or 15, though never as well as I’ve got to know him recently. When we started working together I totally trusted him from day one. It’s an amazing relationship. It’s nice to have someone who is at such a high intellectual level but has also been through what you’re going through on the court. It’s good when he speaks to you and you realise: ‘I know that feeling.’ I appreciate that a lot."

Dimitrov loved training with Agassi in Las Vegas last month: "It was a great four weeks. Andre and his whole family were so kind to me. I spent pretty much every single day with them. I’m just a better person as a result.!I don’t want to name any one thing in particular that he has been helping me with. It’s everything - from being more caring, to helping me to discover myself as a person. Tennis is great but it doesn’t necessarily define me. I want to do way more off the court. Tennis is a great platform for me to do well and for sure I want to be No 1, to win Slams, but there are more things that I want to do. For me he’s one of the best role models not only for the sport but also that the world could ever have. He has done so much outside of the court.”

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RsbRKL

No comments