Breaking News

Andy Murray ready to give ticket to fan after disappointing practice

Andy Murray retired when down 6-1 4-1 to Novak Djokovic in front of thousands of fans at the Margaret Court Arena in Melbourne. The British player appeared in low shape as he prepared for the Australian Open, and the practice session ended, as planned, at 2:30 PM.

Through Instagram, a fan, the teenager Jordyn Kollmorgen, who attended the practice shared his joy for finally seeing Murray live despite not playing at his best. "Still in absolute shock that I finally got to see the man behind my love for tennis in action today. It was Muzza that showed me just how entertaining tennis really could be and for that I thank him with my whole heart," wrote Kollmorgen.

Andy, who is very active on Instagram, saw the post and commented: "I'm sorry I couldn't be more entertaining today. Thanks for the support... if you'd like to come along and watch my match on Monday or Tuesday I'll sort you a ticket."

On Murray, the former world no. 1 Patrick McEnroe said: "I watched a little bit of the match, actually a decent amount of the match he played with Medvedev," said McEnroe. "In the first set he looked like he was moving pretty well. But as the match went on, it wasn’t quite 100%. The hip is incredibly difficult to come back from for especially a tennis player and someone that has worked as hard as he’s worked, put the miles on."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2D6oVwx

No comments