Breaking News

Andy Roddick recalls when he decided to retire from tennis

In an interview to Tennis Channel Andy Roddick recalled the day when he decided to retire from professional tennis at the 2012 US Open. Roddick played his last match against Juan Martin del Potro in front of his crowd. 'It's funny. I decided to retire, I woke up in the morning after the first round of 2012 US Open and I was going into the tournament thinking I was going to play probably another year, maybe two', said Roddick. 'And I just saw it crept into my head that this could be the last tournament that I play. So my wife was running out some errands and I called her. I said I am kind of freaking out, you need to come home. Normally I am pretty clear about my thoughts, and I was not clear.'

Brooklyn Decker, Roddick's wife, added: 'I was in a meeting and I missed like three calls from him and he sent several messages saying, Come home, join US Open and sing hotel. So I thought that was very strange and I branded hotel, walked into the room and he said, I woke up this morning, I am going to announce that I am retiring.'

Roddick concluded: 'We had a conversation and I told her the way I felt and told her what I was thinking and I cannot make it for you. But your reasons are sound and there is a lot of other things I wanted to get involved in my life. I waited and I decided that I would retire at 10:30 AM. I was in a press conference around 3-4:00 PM.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2R5ejSA

No comments