Breaking News

Simona Halep: 'Serena Williams always plays great when she faces me'

Simona Halep believes that when she faces Serena Williams, the American player competes almost at her highest level. In press conference in Melbourne, the world No. 1 said: 'I feel like she plays really great against me always. Some balls she's defending really well, and she hits very strong. Always she plays well, because it's Serena Williams. But I feel like she gets motivated and always -- she makes me motivated, as well. I try to play my best every time I play against her, but she played really well, and I felt her very strong on court.'

The Romanian player said her feelings when she faces the American are different. 'I'm not intimidated anymore. As I said, I have a huge respect for her, but doesn't mean anything. I fought hard today, and I was very close', Halep said.

Halep also spoke about what the No. 1 ranking position means to her: 'There is another chance after this tournament to go back to No. 1 if I lose it. So the main goal is just to play as good as I can every match, to win every match I play, so the ranking doesn't really matter. And this stage for me I have to work hard to get the level back, to feel ready 100% every match. So I will work for that. End of the year is more important, the ranking, so I will not stress myself about this. I just go home, I will rest, and I will watch tennis. I am also curious who is going to win.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2U79mdJ

No comments