Breaking News

Ashleigh Barty: I’ve become more mature on and off the court

Australian Ashleigh Barty recently spoke about her targets of winning Majors. She recently reached the Quarterfinals of her home slam at the Australian Open, losing to Petra Kvitova.

“I’m a completely different person and different player,” she recently said. “I’ve become more mature on and off the court and I’ve learned how to deal with some of those big occasions much better.”

She further admitted that maturity has seeped into her over time and that her failure in the past has made her a better player. “When I played Serena in the first round in 2014 [at the Australian Open] it was pretty daunting … now I feel like I belong with everyone on the court.”

“From my point of view it’s certainly been a more relaxed environment over the last six to eight months to be honest.”

“I think I’ve just learned to accept the situation and embrace the occasion a bit better and really enjoy it. When I’m relaxed I play my best tennis.”

Presently sitting at No.15 on the WTA Charts, she is gunning to become a more complete player, according to her coach Craig Tyzzer.

“We won’t leave any stone unturned in continuing to keep improving and getting our game better and hopefully going further and further in the slams throughout this year,” Tyzzer said.

“Ash was a little bit behind in preparation, had her wisdom teeth out in the off season and had a pretty severe infection in the middle of our training block where we had to shut it down for a while.”

ALSO READ

Boris Becker encourages Andy Murray to end career on his own terms

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Tj4NNH

No comments