Breaking News

Australian Open day 11 recap: it will be Petra Kvitova vs Naomi Osaka

Naomi Osaka and Petra Kvitova are the two finalists of the women's singles at the Australian Open 2019. It will be an unprecedented final, which will also decide the new number one of the WTA rankings. The Czech came back to a Slam final five years later, especially after the terrible aggression on her left hand, two years ago.

Osaka is at the second Slam final in a row. Rafael Nadal is instead the first finalist of the men's singles. The Spaniard (who destroyed Stefanos Tsitsipas' hopes) is at the fifth final of the Australian Open, his 25th Slam final.

Who can inherit Roger Federer's style of play? According to Mats Wilander, he is Stefanos Tsitsipas: "It makes sense that in 2019 it is still possible to play with the same tactics and style of Federer, and not only Roger can play like that, as we have often said. Tsitsipas is a player who can cover all the court. He has everything. He has a great mentality, and he is the one who has the best chance to improve, while I do not know how much the others will succeed in doing it. There are no mountains that he can not climb".

Naomi Osaka talked about her great love for Japan, confessing that she resorted to some tricks to avoid being besieged by crowds of street admirers: "I usually avoided walking out. When I did it, I went out at night and I wore a wig. I took it from my sister. It was her who told me that I had to do it, that if I wanted to walk around I had to wear a wig and use glasses too!"

We would like to close with the weather conditions of this Australian Open. Compared to the last two seasons, the temperature was more pleasant, even though on Thursday there were higher temperatures respect the other days. For the joy of tennis players and the crowd!

ALSO READ: Australian Open day 10 recap: Serena Williams stunned by Karolina Pliskova

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DzJcL6

No comments