Breaking News

I can't do what Roger Federer does, says Sam Querrey

The American player Sam Querrey praised Roger Federer's tennis talent and legacy. Querrey was lucky enough to face the 20-time Grand Slam winner multiple times and he said: "I love watching him play like everyone else. He does things that people like me I feel like I can't do. There is a lot of times you'll be with your coach or even with friends and there will be a short ball or whatever and you miss it. They're like 'Do it like Roger does it'. Well, I can't do that."

The shots easiness is what surprises Querrey the most when it comes to Federer. "He's amazing to watch, but he does things that I feel like I can't do all the time. So I don't try to model my game after his. He realises what are short balls, I think he can kind of shrink the court better than other guys. If you leave the ball short he instantly steps up, hits it, and gets you running. That's really difficult to do and I don't think a lot of people realise that. I feel like that's really kind of what separates him from everyone else."

Querrey lost to Federer at 2007 Miami, 2008 French Open, 2015 Wimbledon always in straight sets.

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Sbcuba

No comments