Breaking News

Cash praises Nishikori's backhand over Federer, Nadal, Djokovic

Who has the best backhand on Tour? The 1987 Wimbledon champion Pat Cash spoke about this intriguing topic on Eurosport during the Australian Open in Melbourne this weekend. "A good friend of mine asked Roger Federer who has the best backhand in the game – is it Novak (Djokovic)? Or (Rafael) Nadal? And he said Nishikori. I’m looking forward to this one. They are two of the speed kings around the court – they are so fast. They are very consistent and have had great history together as well. The question for me is that one seems to be reasonably fresh and the other is running on fumes. Nishikori just keeps going – he’s incredible.”

After retiring from his quarter-final match against Djokovic, Nishikori said: 'Before the match, I was okay. Of course, I wasn't, like, fresh, fresh. I thought I was going to be okay. After third game or fourth game when I was serving, I felt pretty heavy to my right leg. After that I couldn't really bend my knees and couldn't jump up. Yeah, I decided to stop. I'm sure it comes from my past matches, especially last match. I was moving a lot, waste too much energy. Could be from that and also, yeah, something happen today during the match. So disappointed. Yeah, had a good couple matches this week, so... It's tough to lose like this, but I try to head up.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DzmCSW

No comments