Breaking News

Coaching Sharapova, I would have not beaten Serena Williams - Mouratoglou

Patrick Mouratoglou feels overwhelmed by how his co-operation with Serena Williams went so far. They started working together in 2012 after the French Open.

Speaking to Eurosport the French coach said: "Whoever I would've coached, I don't think I would've beaten Serena - no chance. I think Serena is Serena, with or without me. I think I helped her take the best out of herself at a period of time in her career. But I don't think that if I had coached Sharapova, or whoever else, I would've been able to beat Serena.

Maybe they would've won less Grand Slams, but their qualities would still be there. With Serena, when I started to work with her she already had 13 Grand Slams. She was already a little bit difficult to beat. I trust my job and the quality of my work, but I'm trying also to be lucid, and I can't make a player be someone that they're not. The players are who they are, their potential is their potential - I'm not going to take a player who is No 3 in the world, and make her become much better than Serena if she doesn't already have the possibility to become better than Serena. I don't think anybody can be better than the best Serena."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FJQkqU

No comments