Breaking News

Dan Evans hits shot of the year, says he was very lucky

Dan Evans commented on the best shot he ever hit in his career: an unbelievable one-handed backhand passing in the Australian Open second round qualies against Jurij Rodionov. "It was obviously very lucky. I just stuck my racket out basically and it went in", Evans said.

About going through the Australian Open qualies draw, Evans added: "I'm happy. Obviously, I knew when I got banned I would have to start at not a great tournament and hopefully make my way back up. I'm nowhere near where I want to be yet so it's just another step in the right direction", admitted Evans.

Harriet Dart was another player from Great Britain, but on the female side, to have gone through the qualies. She will face the five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova in the first round. "I’m super excited and happy", said Dart. "I’ve been playing good tennis and I’ve put a lot of hard work and effort into all my training, my pre-season, so I knew my level was there, it was just about piecing it all together. She came out of the blocks early very good. I managed to stay in there and found a way to win. That’s what I’m really proud of today."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VT7ozh

No comments