Breaking News

Serena Williams has to work hard to win a Major, says Caroline Garcia

Caroline Garcia believes that Serena Williams can win one more Grand Slam title and catch Margaret Court's 24 Majors record, but at the same ,time the path will not be hard. Speaking ahead of the Australian Open, Garcia said: "She's still Serena Williams, and she still has won 23 slams. A lot of girls on Tour will be happy to make two finals in a year. She will probably be disappointed, but I think she can still do it. But she has to work hard, like everyone, because everyone is hungry for slams. But I don't think she has lost anything."

Angelique Kerber defeated Serena in a straight-set 2018 Wimbledon final. During the match the German was under control for most of the time as Serena was not at her best 10 months after giving birth to her daughter Olympia: "I have now played her in three Grand Slam finals, and it is always of course tough to play against her because she has such a lot of experience in the finals. For me, what I have learned in the last years, is just to look on my side of the court, trying to play my tennis, play like I practice, and take all the experience that I had from my tournaments, my matches on to the big stage."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SUTdYI

No comments