Breaking News

Kyrgios: 'Me and Bernard Tomic can make deep runs at the Australian Open'

In an interview to SBS News the world No. 51 Nick Kyrgios explained how he can go far at the upcoming Australian Open. The 23-year-old will face Milos Raonic in the opening round match and he definitely wants to get a great result. "I guess I just have to raise my game a little bit. I’ve been to the fourth round (of grand slams) so many times, two quarter-finals and I’ve had some tough matches in those rounds. I guess I just have to play better at the end of the day", said Kyrgios.

On the Australian tennis, Kyrgios added: "I think we (Tomic and Kyrgios) can make deep runs at the Australian Open but also we’ve got de Minaur, Millman, we’ve got so many players. I think it’s an exciting time for Australian tennis as we’ve got such a wide variety of players.”

The world No. 103 Portuguese'sse's second biggest ranked player Pedro Sousa will make his Grand Slam main draw debut at the Australian Open. He will face Alex De Minaur in the first round and asked who in the future he would like to meet, Sousa replied: 'If I was given the chance to play against one of the stars, maybe Federer because he is the best of all time. He is also the oldest and the one who can have more falls. Both Djokovic and Nadal are unbelievable on it so I think I would have preferred Federer.'

ALSO READ: Roger Federer adds new tournament to February 2019 schedule!

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VYvAR4

No comments