Breaking News

Defeating Serena Williams in US Open final will help me - Naomi Osaka

Naomi Osaka believes that defeating Serena Williams in the last year's US Open final will help her in the approach to the Championship Clash against Petra Kvitova. In a press conference, Osaka said: "I think for me, though, it definitely helped knowing that I won the US Open because I knew that I had the ability to win that many matches, play for that long. I was thinking about that while I was playing this tournament, but at the same time, I didn't want to dwell too much on it. About the inner peace thing, I mean, of course, I feel like I had it today. It could have been better. But there were moments where I really felt stressed out. I think I still managed to come back. Yeah, I definitely think I'm still working on it."

Osaka would love to be at the top of the rankings after this tournament: "Of course I think it's amazing if I could be No. 1. For me, I just think about this tournament and each match and each step that I want -- like each step that gets me closer to the ranking. I don't think anyone plays a tournament and thinks immediately they want to be No. 1. I think they just think about the goal, which is winning the tournament. For me, last year I was ranked 70 something, I think. I'm just really happy that I'm in the position that I am now, and I'm not going to take it for granted."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2MvXr6A

No comments