Breaking News

Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Who would prevail in an Australian Open final between Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer? The 18-time Major winner Chris Evert answered this question, beyond praising the Serb's comeback.

'I think Djokovic would have to be favored obviously to win the Australian Open', admitted Evert. 'They both, I believe, have won it six times. Djokovic has found his mojo. He is in the groove right now. I think he’s brimming with confidence. He’s found his A game. He’s back to where he belongs, No. 1 player in the world. In saying that, I was very impressed with Roger Federer, the way he played at Hopman Cup. The thing is, the only drawback with Roger I think is I think Novak can still play a few more longer matches and still be in peak form if he does reach the final. The thing that I worry about with Roger is, again, as you get a little older, I know he’s fit, but just to play a few five-set matches in a row, I wonder how he would fare if he played the final. The courts are faster, the points are quicker, he’s going to have a much better chance because he won’t be on the court as long. But I think they both are in peak form right now, both of them. I think Nadal is injured. We don’t know how he’s going to play. We don’t know about his health. But I think those two, it would be a terrific final.'

ALSO READ: Roger Federer adds new tournament to February 2019 schedule!

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SR2ykm

No comments