Breaking News

I don't run as much as before after my disease, says Caroline Wozniacki

In a press conference at the Australian Open Caroline Wozniacki was asked if she runs as much as she did in the past since when she was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in August last year. 'I am. Not as much as I used to. But, yeah, running is one of my favourite cardio. I feel like I get a good sweat, I get a full body kind of exhaust from that', said Wozniacki.

Analyzing her win over Alison Van Uytvanck, Wozniacki added: 'I know I'm fast. She surprised me in the beginning with a couple of drop shots, especially when she was standing behind the baseline and I wasn't expecting it. Then I was more alert on it. I was happy with even a couple of them. I was like, Oh, wow, these are really close to the net. I don't know that I can even think when I'm running. I actually can. I'm like, Wow, I actually got to them, hit it well. I kind of complimented myself on a couple of them. A lot of things are going through my head I guess when I play (smiling).'

Does her mind ever wander to something completely inappropriately random in the middle of a match? 'Oh, 100%. A lot in the breaks. I think David used to be like, What are you doing? You should be focusing. I'm like, No, you know, sometimes you need to kind of unwind a little bit in the break so you can really focus when you're out there. Yeah, I remember there was one lady at the US Open, she was going up the stairs. She had this really nice Birkin bag that was, like, orange. I'm like, Oh, that's really cool. I kind of like that colour, it's different. I notice stuff sometimes (smiling).'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FsYTGq

No comments