Breaking News

I have never seen Novak Djokovic play better than vs Nadal - Chris Evert

The 18-time Grand Slam winner Chris Evert praised Novak Djokovic's stunning performance against Rafael Nadal in the Australian Open final. Through Twitter, Evert wrote: 'Nine errors... in 3 sets...Unfathomable... I have never seen Novak play a better match... Mastery at it’s finest... Unmatched.'

Evert also praised Nadal's sportsmanship: 'Beautiful, thoughtful speech by a great champion Rafa.'

Paul Annacone: 'I’m still digesting the level of play Novak brought tonight exceptional congrats on master class performance. Rafa had a terrific 2 weeks happy to see him healthy can’t wait for the rest of ‘19.'

Darren Cahill: 'Masterclass performance by Novak. Simply superb. A record 7 Australian Open titles. Major No.15 and counting. Too good.'

Djokovic said: 'Everything in life happens for a reason and I wouldn't change anything if I could turn back the time I know that. Surgery went well thankfully and the recovery after that went even better. But even though I was enabled to play, after four-five weeks I was already in Indian Wells and I wasn't ready. Mentally and game-wise I wasn't ready and I did not know to what extent the surgery would affect my game, and it did. Especially with the serve. So it took me four or five months to really get back on the track.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RsrZXT

No comments