Breaking News

I thought facing Roger Federer would be much more difficult - Tsitsipas

In a recent interview, Stefanos Tsitsipas described how it felt like to face Roger Federer at the Hopman Cup in Perth. The Greek lost 7-6, 7-6 and he made a honest admission. 'I always imagined it would be much more difficult to face that kind of player but doing the right things on the court didn't seem really difficult to me,' said Tsitsipas, who felt pleased with his performance. 'The patterns I used today were very good, I did not have to run too much, I was being aggressive from the first very ball after my serve. I noticed we did not have long rallies, today everything was happening very fast, and actually and unusual game, I am not used to such a fast tempo, such a fast service game. It was pretty fast.'

Before the match, Tsitsipas had said: 'It’s going to be exciting. I’ve been dreaming of that for a long time. He’s in pretty good form. I’m going to have to raise my level more. I used to watch him on YouTube … the rivalry between him and Rafa. Most of his Wimbledon and US Open finals. I respect him a lot. He’s the guy I respect the most on the tour. He’s going to give me a hard time on the court.' 

Tsitsipas hopes to play the Hopman Cup in the future: 'I love this event and I would love to be here next year.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QCTehV

No comments