Breaking News

Kei Nishikori wants to crack top 3 rankings, win Majors in the future

Kei Nishikori raised a lot in the rankings. The Japanese player is now a world No. 7 after reaching the Australian Open quarter-finals. Last week after his retirement against Novak Djokovic due to a back injury, the seven-time Grand Slam winner Mats Wilander said Nishikori's chances to win a Grand Slam are getting lower and lower due to the 29-year-old's fragile body, but the Japanese aims to go far. "I hope I can do well these big tournaments, Grand Slam and Masters. I think it's going to be very important if I want to reach the top 5 or top 3. Yeah, my goal is to do well here and other big tournaments", said Nishikori speaking of his goals in 2019.

Nishikori spent four weeks in Australia playing the Brisbane International where he won the title, the Fast4 in Sydney and the Australian Open. He has a special connection with Australia: "I feel more support here. You can tell there is so many Japanese. And also many Asians. I'm sure I feel more comfortable playing this Grand Slam than other Grand Slam. Yeah, I feel very exciting on the court, and also happy to be here."

Nishikori may miss the ABN Amro World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam in two weeks due to his new injury, and he is also set to play the Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Championship in late February.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HJfvLR

No comments