Breaking News

Petra Kvitova: It's great to have such good relationships with players

Having joked last year that she might not play Grand Slams, Petra Kvitova recently spoke about her performance at the Australian Open, saying that she is glad she didn’t take it seriously.

"I'm glad it was only a joke, that it didn't happen," the 28-year-old reporters in Prague. "I guess it's a compensation for last year which wasn't the best when it comes to Grand Slams," she added.

"I wasn't too happy after the loss but now the positive things prevail. I felt very well throughout those three weeks I played in Australia."

When asked about her on-court interview with Jim Courier following her Quarter Final win against Ashleigh Barty, she said, "I suppose he didn't want to make me cry -- but he did," Kvitova said. "The interview was pretty tough -- but he's a nice guy."

She then spoke about how fellow WTA Players have showered their support. "Simona Halep sent me three nice messages -- after the Sydney win, after the quarter-final with Ashleigh Barty and after the final," said Kvitova.

“It's great to have such good relationships even when you're at the top of the rankings.”

She now heads off to St.Petersburg where she is set to defend her title. "I'll enjoy St Petersburg, I'm travelling with my friend. It's a wonderful tournament and I'm looking forward to it," she said.

ALSO READ

Wasting 12 breaks points is not normal for Roger Federer, says coach

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2TmOtLN

No comments