Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: If I didn't feel good, I would not be at the Australian Open

Rafael Nadal gave some updates on his fitness condition ahead of the Australian Open. The Spaniard underwent a foot surgery in early November and his recovery from that is going well. "I feel good," said Nadal, who withdrew from the Brisbane International and competed in the Fast 4 exhibition in Sydney. 'If I am not feeling good, I would not be here. I have good feelings in terms of the surgery that I have in the foot. I can say is almost done.

"Then, of course, after surgery, after months without competing, having troubles to practice, of course there is always issues when you come back. But nothing new for me. I had couple of ones of this. Just accept the challenges of the body presents and the tennis presents. Is again another season, coming back from a tough period of time, but with highest motivation possible to start another season. Very excited to be back here in Melbourne, starting another one. Yeah, of course is good news that I am here again – for me, I don't know for you (smiling). That's my feeling: happy to be here."

Nadal started his campaign successfully against James Duckworth on Monday in the day session. Last year, the Mallorca native retired during the fifth set against Marin Cilic, who would eventually lose the final to Roger Federer.

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RwsJ3d

No comments