Breaking News

Rafael Nadal is my favorite for the Australian Open title, says Rod Laver

Rod Laver believes Rafael Nadal is slightly the favorite to win the Australian Open final against Novak Djokovic. Speaking to reporters on Saturday in Melbourne, the Aussie legend said: "It could be a long match, I think Nadal and Novak have proved they are the best two players on the planet. I saw the match with Novak last night, he played beautifully last night, then again so did Rafa the night before. It will be a close tussle. I’m leaning towards Nadal – but for no reason."

Ivan Lendl, a eight-time Grand Slam winner, said: "Can’t answer that question. It’s a very close one. It’s very evenly matched and to predict, I can’t. You have both guys who are winning zillions of majors, who are winning tough matches and I’m normally not shy about saying I think this guy has an edge or that guy has an edge but in my mind it’s very, very close. 51-49 one way or the other."

Lindsay Davenport believes that Novak Djokovic is the favorite to win the Australian Open title over Rafael Nadal. Speaking to reporters on Saturday, Davenport a three-time Grand Slam winner said: "It seems the match up favours Novak with the backhand, he can handle that forehand but Rafa has played amazing. It seems like Novak has a slight mental edge over Rafa. If Novak wins he is going for the career slam again and I think he is always trying to set himself apart from the other two and not been able to do it with total grand slams won, obviously holding all four set him apart, now can he do it twice? It’s kind of crazy considering where he was last year."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RTd5Pi

No comments