Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'Nick Kyrgios has passion, he is very tough to play against'

In an interview to Sporting News following the Fast 4 exhibition match in Sydney on Monday, the 17-time Grand Slam winner Rafael Nadal praised the Australian Nick Kyrgios. The Spaniard said: “He’s one of the best players in the world – no doubt – he has the passion to play. He’s one of the players that is very tough to play against, especially in this format, so it was great to play with him tonight. I enjoyed it, he’s able to create special shots and he’s very talented. It was a great show.”

Nadal also said he enjoyed a lot the atmosphere in the match he played against Kyrgios: “I don’t have the chance to play a lot in Sydney, but the crowd supports this event and I enjoy it every single time. Being honest, the fans here in Australia are fantastic, I’ve always had a great connection with them and I enjoy it playing in front of them. They enjoy sport a lot and they understand tennis.”

Kyrgios said: “I beat him (Nadal) when I was 19, so I know I’m capable for beating the big four. I’ve proven myself to be able to play big matches – it’s more about the day-to-day consistency and showing up every day. That’s more of a challenge for me. The level was high today in the singles, so obviously I’ll take that as confidence."

Nadal leads head to head meetings 3-2 against Kyrgios. The Spaniard won in 2016 Rome, 2017 Madrid and 2017 Beijing. Kyrgios upset the Mallorcan in 2014 Wimbledon, 2017 Cincinnati.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VIUnID

No comments