Breaking News

Recovering after win over Serena Williams was tough, says Pliskova

Karolina Pliskova admitted that she did not recover at her best from her quarter-final match against Serena Williams. The Czech went through a lot of emotions and she was struggling physically and mentally during her semifinal loss against Naomi Osaka. 'It was tough', said Pliskova. 'For sure if there's a day in between these two matches, it would be helpful for me. Not only that the match yesterday was tough, but also was emotionally tough, too. I was missing maybe little bit power today, too. I was doing everything possible, but little bit I was just missing here and there. That's how it is. Normally I like to play maybe two, three days in a row matches. In this kind of stage of the tournament, when you just go deep, from Brisbane, lot of things happen. I have 15 matches in maybe last, I don't know, three weeks. That's a lot. Maybe that day would help, but that's how it is. We don't have to talk about this.'

How heavy is Osaka's ball compared to Serena and other big hitters? 'It's different. I cannot compare because the conditions are different. My feeling is every day different. It's tough to say. For sure, Serena and Naomi, they're one of the fastest players.'

Pliskova will play the Qatar Open next and Dubai Championships next.

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2B43UBt

No comments