Breaking News

Roger Federer reveals private conversations with Serena Williams

In a recent interview, following his win over Cameron Norrie Roger Federer commented on the upcoming mixed doubles match against Serena Williams at the Hopman Cup. Federer had some interesting things to say on his relationship with the 23-time Major winner. 'That's great fun. We enjoy together, I hope that a lot of fans gonna tune in and also watch it because it's gonna be probably one time and never again for this kind of competition', said Federer. 'I admire everything she has done on and off the court. We can relate to one another now also being parents even more, besides all the facts that we won a lot. We are both fierce competitors and we always want to win. I have played some of the greatest doubles players in the world, Navratilova and Hingis too, and then I have also played against Venus and other legends of the past. So now in this arena again against one of the biggest champions ever in our sport, men and women combined, so it's great to be playing against her.'

Federer was also asked if he has Serena's mobile phone number: 'I don't have her number, but you never know. I only know her from some Champions dinner at Wimbledon, maybe a little bit through Mary Joe Fernandez from being a Fed Cup captain but not even that and more in the corridors and in the cafes walking by each other but I and her have a busy life and a big entourage so it's rare that you stop and you really dive deeply into how is everything doing but sure, sometimes in the past she was asking how the kiddies, how was everybody doing and so would I, but if I said I'd know her it'd be a bit of an exaggeration.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QeXSTl

No comments